Wednesday 3 September 2014

America the monster.. not Superman, as we are lead to believe..wow they have a good PR and Marketing department!! ( collection of old forum replies)

17/12/11

okay okay I feel the need to say something.

I recently lived in the states for 3 months, I had an American GF who was/is ex-Army.

She was treated well because of this. I liked that people treated her well, because she had seen some combat.

However.. I am Scottish. not American.

gather round children and I will tell you a fantastic tale with dubious facts remembered from a TV show in the 90's on BBC2.


After WW2 Berlin was divided in to three parts, one for America, one for Britain and one for Russia (yes, they were on our side no matter what MGS says).

three months or so in, one day the British turned up to their part of Berlin, but no, no,no, the Americans said 'y'know guys we got this covered' and so Britain lost it's third of Berlin and so it's wealth.
The Americans also snuck Nazi scientists out of the country, because if Britain had got a hold of them, We've killed'em. later on in the late 40's Britain was hurting for cash and so asked for a wee loan from the states. after three years or so, we imposed a trading embargo on the States.. soo they couldn't get there money back.

in 1997 Bill Clinton forgave the debt. but we never got Berlin back soo even Stephens.

During the late 70's Bush senior was head of the CIA, he played puppeteer to countries and governments a like. ..like you do when your the head of the CIA.

after Regan and Gorbachiv started peace and the thawing of the cold war, and then Yeltzin finished it, I imagine the makers of arms, whom it is known are friends of the Bush oil men, were not happy.

and so to Iraq... WMD? Iraq didn't even have the cash to do such a thing. ..and the former head fo the CIA and ATT current president didn't know this?

.. so when I heard this year, that Osama Bin Ladin died (I was in the states at the time) I thought to myself 'all these people are going to want to celebrate with me..but when does Bush senior go to Jail?'

fairs fair.. in the UK if a politician brakes the rules they go to Jail... I still hope Tony Blair will be properly trialled. but many MP's have went to Jail (cash for questions scandal, sex offenders) but not so in the USA.



all that was food for thought. because Soldiers and Seaman and Pilots ARE doing a JOB. a good one at that, one they should be proud of. but politicians? don't get me started.

I was proud of my ex she had done a good job, the people in the states were nice to me, nice people. good food. bbuuut baaad foreign policies.


in Scotland it is common to talk politics, it is an every day occurrence, it is 'in Our blood' but in the states if you try to talk politics, they look at you like you just gave wind.

Dava
---------

hi guys

to chip in, during my life, Bush Sr. for starting the war for his oil buddies.

I liked Clinton, he seemed nice, shame he cheated, but should that mean he was a bad politician? i dunno, I suppose not. let God judge him for cheating, didn't his wife forgive him? shouldn't we?

dunno much about American prezes, although i am a bit ticked off with the amount of US cartoon brainwashing i underwent as a kid, you'd need to be a secret service to do the same job to an adult lol 

I didn't realize it until i was watching youtube in a heavy nostalgia session, and i was watch an 80's cartoon, called Galaxy Rangers, and everyone of them was Texan, so out of the whole galaxy, the four best defenders of THE GALAXY where Texan... okay :S, have any of them gone threw Glasgow on a Saturday night when the pubs are coming out around 2am.. didn't think so. LOL

if your Texan reading this, am no huvn a go at your state pride, it was the writers that chose your state, just huvn a go at the portrayal of America to me aged 10.

I'm Scottish, i should be hearing about the baird, scottish history (which the english took off the syllabus when i was at school)... maybe all that is harsh, 'cos the truth is we had no money to make our own stuff, no one encouraged our talent, 3 channels you'd get channel 4 if you were lucky, but no one cared, maybe Bill Forsyth .. but in the early eighties it was American shows or English shows. ...Rikki Fulton at Christmas GRHS five years before it was Stanley Baxtor, ah well

God Bless

Dava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Aren't Aussies Making Hydrogen?.. They Should!

 Hi So recently I have been thinking about Australia.. Firstly, enough sunshine falls on 'The Bush' desert in one day to power the p...