Thursday 15 June 2017

First Class Citizen in Scotland, Second Class Citizen in England..

Hi www

To anticipate 'hate speech' rhetoric, yes I have English friends, and if they weren't nice to me they wouldn't be my friends..but without further a-do  here are my stories, I presently remember of being treated badly by English people because I was Scottish.

The one I keep remembering and the one that is inspiring me to write this article, is this one:


So I had just travelled for 60 hours long haul with many delays back from a living in the states for 3 months, I had to return early as the bank had blocked my card, this was extra expense to say the least, but was not the final problem I had to face..

I touched down in Heathrow Airport, after having Icelandair delay us all in reykjavik for an extra 4 hours, I was 20 minutes past the gate for my connecting flight to Glasgow, I went to the Ryan Air desk 2 girls were there, one instantly left, and the other was an English girl, I asked her if I was late and she said I was (the flight had also left 10 minutes early :/ ) I said to her to please transfer my ticket to the next flight to Glasgow but she refused, I was not amused, I did wonder if I had been English if she would have helped me, but ultimately I do not know, it wasn't her responsibility to fix my flight even though it would have been free for her to do so, and remember my card was blocked by the bank, which I explained to her.

I was shocked to say the least.

There were general repairs going on throughout the airport, I decided to go outside for a smoke and a think.. I collected my heavy bags and followed the crowd to the outside, by the time I made it down the detoured stairs, I was very very thirsty, I went outside, I approached a policeman who was standing by the door, I asked him 'excuse me, where can I get some water?' he blanked me, then I asked 'I need the toilet do you know where that is?' again he blanked me, some English people walked by him heading towards the stairs they smiled and said 'hello' he smiled back at them with acknowledgement, which was apparently too costly to afford me also. I wanted his acknowledgment, so I looked at all the cigarette butts surrounding the bin and said 'OK TO SMOKE HERE?' to which he looked at the blue bin and nodded. It wasn't a case of that he didn't understand my Scots.. he wouldn't even look me in the eye standing 1.5 feet away from him.

I had my smoke.. the many heavy bags, I'm a big lad and my suitcases were half my size, I pulled them back into the stairs area and had a seat, I badly needed the toilet and some water.after 10 minutes, I went back up the stairs leaving my bags which were only at the bottom of the very small staircase, I bumped into a workie, nice guy (English)  but he couldn't help.. I asked him 'do you know where the toilets are?' he said 'Yes, but they ones are for work staff only, I dunno where the public toilets are.' I went back down stairs feeling kinda faint, I started asking people if anyone could spare a pound for a drink, they just walked by me, there was a water stand with an italian guy, I begged him for a little water, and he was very busy with customers, he said 'y'know this is the business' with a kind sympathetic shrug.. a sit for a moment, and then went back to him telling him I understood but my card was blocked and I just came off a 60 hour flight..he paused, then poured me a cup of water, God Bless him. He wasn't the only kind person that day, An English businessman with a very expensive suit, I asked if I could borrow his phone and when he was done he did let me borrow it, I didn't get any answer but he was nice about loaning me it in the first place.

after an hour and few other smokes, I decided to go and try my backup card (second account for savings which is usually empty), I hauled all my heavy suitcases/bags backup the stairs and began to look for a shop, thinking an RS McColls or WH SMith would take cards.. and right enough there was a WH Smith, I stood in a 20 minute queue, with a bottle of pepsi and some crisps and a bar of chocolate hoping i had money in the second account, as I approach the counter, my phone rings at the same moment as I desperately try to remember the pin on my second card.. I had given up on my phone even though it was charged as there's something you get used to while international travelling, other phone networks eating all your credit, honestly its one of the biggest scams going! I digress, I have 5 people behind me impatiently waiting I can feel their sighs and burning eyes and I trying to rem my pin and I pickup my phone and it's my aunt asking if I got home O.K.

the phone call dies, but I manage to have enough in my second account to get my stuff. and my aunt phones back..I got back to Glasgow later that night through much effort of my family. But yknow.. who stood out in this story apart from the kind italian guy?.. that polis! Wouldn't talk to me because I was Scottish..in my few times I went for a smoke, one time I saw him helping an English couple lift a baby in a pram out of a people mover,  sounds like nice guy eh? except when your Scottish then you get nothing!

----------------------------------


Myself and Ruthy have had a few rejection letters from the ENGLISH Embassy, first guy, I am going to go ahead and guess he was a left over Labour civil servant,  in his rejection letter he outlined what we needed to do to correctly for our next application, which we did.. but, sadly now there was a Tory civil servant, I think this is a female I don't know but the tone seems that of a women, this women is a nasty piece of work, picking up on things that are none of her concern, petty things like the a photocopy not correctly squared off.. the first letter we got from her was kinda cheeky.. the second letter was a barefaced hate mail. She had refused us for NO REASON that ruthy could come for a wedding visa, we had planned our marriage in a lovely anglican church, Ruthy being Baptist I Catholic, Anglican 'via media' seemed the way, we provided all the required information including taking photographs of the church and venue signed  letters from my entire family and the priest.

refused.

On the third attempt and second with this ECO* my brother had just died, I wasn't coping very well and needed ruthy over to help me, we applied for a visitor visa, by this time I knew it was down to being Scottish and not English but I had a glimmer of uncertainty, the world of visa application is shrouded in mystery and apparently self-satisfaction of hatered, I digress, we had nothing to lose so we copied the letters of a welsh guy and his fiancee, we are in similar enough situations, same duration of knowing each other, same amounts of visits, I have close connection with ruth's family that it should be able to fix this.. I will admit he had more money than I and that she had a child, but because I am disabled, I am financially exempt .. well the welsh guy got his fiancee in and we got refused.. this ***** loves rubbing her ignorance right in my face, she talks about my finances as if I weren't disabled, as if I wasn't exempt.. she's either a stupid pig or doing it to wind me up, which I'll admit its working!

The only.. and I do mean ONLY reason I have provide my bank statements is to provide proof  I am in receipt of more than £120 a week. But then in her reply letter she talks as if I have to meet the financial requirements ..I'll tell you the reader something.. She ENJOYED refusing our marriage visa, because in the previous two letters ruthy was referred to as 'fiancee' in the third, even though we told her we were still engaged, she kept referring to ruthy as 'girlfriend'..


ENGLISH WITCH..die die die.. God curse you!

Now back to my point, oh you can say 'hey everyone get refused even English people' and you'd be right, except, they were refused because they failed to meet the criteria.. not because some EnglishWitch enjoyed sticking it to a Scotsman.

What kind of persons marries someone WITHOUT visiting their country first? Why can't ruthy meet my family?.. of that right because ENGLISH TORIES Q.Q

--------------------------------------------------

I have written this story before so better to re-post it here:

I was previously involved with an American woman. She was an ex army vet with all sorts of clearances.First time she came to visit she landed in Edinburgh. not a problem. Second time she landed in Heathrow. She was going through customs happily chirping 'I'm going to see my Scottish boyfriend' like she often did. As soon as she said Scottish, they pulled her. 7 hours of degrading treatment doing unspeakable things to her.

THIS IS ENGLAND. this is what England represents to me, this is what Britain represents to me.
People who think they can do such things and get away with them. and right enough they did get away with it, why? because they were English. Even though we are no longer together.. I wish i knew that woman's house that defiled my ex.. so I could set her house on fire!

I myself have never been detained in an English airport, but they day might come where i wish i had a Scottish embassy as an option to not slit a custom officer throat for trying to defile me.

-------------------------------------------------

I have lived in England twice as a child, once in King's Lynn Norfolk when I was around 6/7 yo and again in a town outside Bradford when I was 10/11 yo.

I have part of the story here:

As a child I lived in Norfolk England, we had moved away from a town outside of Glasgow, we were in Norfolk for a short time but still it left an impression on me. Even the teachers treated me with disdain, they would speak directly to me or to the other teachers about me, all this was directed by the theme i was Scottish, i was the butt of their jokes and criticisms. One teacher treated me abusively, I was 6 yo and 2 years later I realized why the German kid was so happy I came.  They use to call him.. well you can imagine, but now a Scot was there, the pressure was off for him, so the children could hate on a Scot, which going by their reaction was worse than certain german history.

But I will fill in the gaps..not everyone I met was nasty to me, but it was enough..

The teacher I referenced was from Oxford I was talking to him in the dinner queue, which is where I found out where he was from and also his joke about how 'oh you'll enjoy the hot showers down here in England then!'the other teacher was my teacher.. she was more like a prison warden for the first 2 months, until an incident happened and my mother phoned the school about a problem this teacher had caused me, after that she began being nice to me.. before this she didn't want to upset the children and so let them treat me as they pleased.. the Oxford guy was also our P.E teacher, I fell in the mud while arguing with another pupil, I was caked about an inch thick, he came over and gave us both 5 laps of the pitch, which the other boy only had to do one.. it was around 3C outside, it was freezing cold and I was 7yo. And no, I am not misremembering the order of this happening, I met him in the first week he was cheeky about me being Scottish and this mud thing was a coincidence.

I lived in a town outside of Bradford.. most of the people were nice to me, and it didn't matter that I was Scottish, only went it came right down to the nail did you see the scottish/english divide.. I won't go into detail so not to embarrass my mum publically, but we were in need and it was -12C snow everywhere, and because my mum owed a woman money she wouldn't loan us blankets.. I figured it was cold enough she would have lent us them if we were English, but you never know with some people.

Actually I'll be honest and say it wasn't because we were Scottish but because of money.. so I guess I was treated well/the same as others in Bradford, it leaves me with the impression if I went back I would be treated just normally, better to *tell the truth* than spread a lie you wished was true to prop up your point...

but .. you should heard some of the thing those norfolk kids said to me.. 'my dad says Scottish people are evil'  ..  'my ? says that Scottish people are liars/thieves' one little girl said to me.. 'Scotland's not a real country it's just pretend ..the real country is England, and you's just pretend' that's one clever little 8yo  (she was held back a year ironically). And here we are; 30 some years later, and she's right.. even though we have our own parliament, we are still 'pretending' to be in charge of ourselves..sad really.

The regular throwing me in puddles and punching me in the face etc.. didn't mention that, but as a Scot I suppose that's normal for up here, but I should mention it because the motivation was because I was Scottish and they were English. And as I said the teacher turned a blind eye to this for the first two months, even though she was playtime monitor.

After that.. one time she bought me an ice cream and gave me the playtime monitors whistle making me in charge while she went and got the ice cream.. that was nice of her and I still haven't forgotten that kindness even all these years later.That Oxford guy showed up 10 mins later and was about to give me telling off for stealing the whistle when the teacher came and told him she had done it and handed me an ice cream as a reward for looking after the playground. that was nice :)

----------------------------------

My Grandad God rest him, was very much a unionist, but I remember one time coming back from my aunts in Bletchley (near London).. I was 16/17yo we had went down for a 1 night stay, I forget the reason, on the trip back the weather was wild, we were approaching Cumbria/the pennines, you could see the vans almost being blown over with the wild wind, the rain was coming down too in light sheets..

The Police pulled us over and I said to my Granda.. 'oh good I can have a smoke!' he turned to me and said 'STAY IN THE ****** CAR!'.. he got out and walked up to the police officer the wind blowing him around a bit.. I cracked open the window a little and lit a smoke, they talked for a while, long enough i finished my smoke.. he got back in the car and said 'I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!'
I was a bit shocked.. meekly asking 'what happened granda?'.. no reply came..

He knew I was a big believer in independence back then, and I spoke to him often about it.. I can only assume that was the problem, that we had Scottish licence plates and they had pulled us over because of that.

Later when we were almost home he made a vague reference to what happened 'people are all the same.. they don't trust you'.

-----------------------------------------------

In Scotland it is considered arrogant to speak 'proper English', so the English strangers I have interacted with all seemed arrogant to me, no matter if they were or weren't.. of most, I think they were being arrogant. They like to talk about their money and how they have loads of it.. and all the stuff they have up here compared to where they lived in England, how easy life is here financially  compared to England ..

my online English friends.. welp.. mixed bag really, I have 2 acquaintances who are pretty rich by Scottish standards, one lives in Scotland, it kinda burns me that he is SO pro England, and hates living here, but gets paid a small fortune and then has the cheek to vote in the inde referendum, he didn't even want to move here, it was because his boss made him, Scotland is where the cash is as far a the building trade goes.

I have another online friend, whom I known for around a year, good dude.. English, we have had many conversations about life, but mostly about the MMO I used to play.


In my town of Dumbarton  it is swamped with English people.. its so weird.. coz before 2010, you would never hear of any English being here.

I don't feel safe in England.. it's a foreign place to me. I don't want to go there anyway.. why would I? there's nothing there that will bring me enjoyment.. i'm not going to cite 'oh pole hating nazi english' blah blah..all need say is : its the look behind the eyes.. behind the English facade, that they know you are Scottish and they will if given the opportunity treat you less than an English person.. this look, I don't think I have ever seen an Englishman or Englishwoman who did not have it behind their eyes. And that's enough for me to not want to visit a country.

I tell Ruthy.. IF you get permission to come to the U.K.,, 'WE WON'T SEND YOU VIA ENGLAND' She'll come directly to Scotland. When hopefully soon Nicola Sturgeon (and I DO hope Ruth Davidson and Kezia Dugdale support her in this) gets hold of Scottish Immigration.. that we have Scottish Consultes that deal with Scottish Citizens visa applications (and British Embassies that deal with England N.I. and Wales).. then if we get refused.. I will take it HONESTLY.. it will come from a Scottish SNP civil servant, who will tell us the truth. no slim shadow of doubt of racism.. just honesty.

on that note.. I'll end this for now, my sleep apnoea gives my memory a bit of a kicking even though I have a 'gifted' IQ.. I hope very soon Ruthy will come and see my land which I love.



*(laughable that she could be considered an 'officer' of anything when her job is to stamp refusals and drink tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Aren't Aussies Making Hydrogen?.. They Should!

 Hi So recently I have been thinking about Australia.. Firstly, enough sunshine falls on 'The Bush' desert in one day to power the p...